Plugins can be used to add new alerting and check functionality to Cabot. The list below is provided as a reference and these plugins ahve not necessarily been validated. Test and use at your own risk.
Installing plugins with the recommended Docker installation requires some extra work to build a custom Docker image to install the plugin from PyPi.
- Create your own Dockerfile
FROM cabotapp/cabot:0.11.13 RUN pip install cabot_alert_telegram
- Build a new container
docker build -t foobar/cabot:latest .
- Verify that pip install worked
docker run -it foobar/cabot:latest /bin/sh pip freeze
... botocore==1.10.26 cabot==0.11.13 cabot-alert-email==1.4.3 cabot-alert-hipchat==2.0.3 cabot-alert-slack==0.8.3 cabot-alert-telegram==0.6 cabot-alert-twilio==1.3.3 cabot-check-cloudwatch==0.1.2 celery==4.0.2 ...
- Update the docker-compose file to reference the new image
web: image: foobar/cabot:latest
- Update the conf/default.env file to add the new plugin (or if multiple, separate by commas
- Team Chat
- Notification/Messaging Services
These plugins can be installed to provide additional checks to the Cabot system. This list is provided as a reference and has not been verified. Test and use at your own risk.
- Network connection - check network connection (custom setup instructions - to be integrated into these docs)
- Cloudwatch PyPi - check metrics on AWS Cloudwatch
- SSL Cert - SSL certificate check
- Prometheus - check metrics from [Prometheus monitoring system] (https://prometheus.io/)
- InfluxDB - check metrisc from [InfluxDB time series database] (https://www.influxdata.com/)